Better Than Takeout Taco Shrimp With Yogurt Sauce Wraps
- TIME5 Mins
One of our favorite foods is tacos. We love the different flavors, textures, and combinations of ingredients. So when it came to shrimp tacos, we knew right away that this would be one dish we had to make when given the opportunity.
These shrimp tacos with yogurt sauce wraps are one of our favorite quick and easy recipes to share with friends and family. It’s always a great idea to have a few seafood dinners on your menu — they can be made in no time without the hassle and effort that comes with full meals.
Taco shrimp is a group of preparations in which shrimp or prawns are sautéed and served as an appetizer with a sauce. The dish is typically served with tortillas, creamy sauces, sliced cucumbers, and lime wedges. It can also be found on menus as part of Tex-Mex cuisine.
This dish is quick and easy to make, yet still satisfying. The yogurt sauce wraps around this shrimp dish for a refreshing twist on tacos! By replacing the flour tortilla with lettuce, this dish is also great as a main course for those looking to create a low-carb meal.
Lamb, chicken, beef, basically any meat will work in this recipe. Of course, the most obvious ingredient is shrimp. But what makes it a taco shrimp wrap? A few tablespoons of creamy and tangy yogurt sauce are added to a bed of lettuce along with any other extras you like. People who enjoy the Mexican flavor will enjoy this quick, easy, and flavorful meal.
Thank you very much for stopping by! We hope you enjoy it as much as we do. If you like it, please share it with your friends and family.
Taco Shrimp With Yogurt Sauce Wraps
STEP: 1 (Sautéed Shrimp)
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 lb. Shrimp skin removed, washed
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Taco Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Salt per taste
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Cup Red Onion
- 1 Cup Tomato deseeded, diced
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley diced
STEP: 2 (For Sauce)
- 1 Cup Natural Yogurt
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Salt per taste
- 4 Tortilla Wrap
- 8 Pcs Romaine Lettuce Leaves
- 1 English Cucumber long sliced
- Let's prepare following ingredients: Olive oil, shrimp, lemon juice, taco seasoning, salt, ground black pepper, diced red onion, diced tomato, diced flat leaf parsley, natural yogurt, paprika, cumin, salt, tortilla wrap, romaine lettuce leaves, sliced English cucumber.
- In a pan add following ingredients olive oil, shrimp, lemon juice, taco seasoning, salt, ground black pepper sauté for 3 minutes on medium heat.
- In the same pan add following ingredients diced red onion, diced tomato continue to sauté for another 2 minutes over medium high heat.
- Finally add diced parsley.
- In a bowl add following ingredients Natural yogurt, Paprika, Cumin, Salt and mix well.
- Add 1 pcs of step 3 flour tortilla, Add 2 pcs of step 3 romaine lettuce, Add 2 pcs of step 3 English cucumber, Add 4 tablespoons of step 1 cooked shrimp, Add 2 tablespoons of step 2 sauce.
- Roll it and serve immediately with the choice of drinks.