Delicious and Satisfying Creamy Chicken Casserole with Cabbage and Rice
- TIME5 Mins
Looking for a filling meal to serve for dinner? This creamy chicken casserole is sure to please! It’s perfect for the whole family, and this recipe makes enough for a big crowd. The mouthwatering cream sauce will satisfy your taste buds and infuse your entire body with that warm, cozy feeling. It’s a dinner all done in under 30 minutes!
This healthy chicken casserole recipe is absolutely delicious and utterly simple yet complex—like everything great in life should be. The best casserole recipes come with cabbage and rice, a meal that will provide plentiful servings of vegetables, protein, and carbohydrates. It’s hard to believe that such a nutritious meal is also so easy to make!
You might think that the fall season is all about making slow-cooker recipes like this creamy chicken casserole with cabbage and rice. This recipe is a basic one, but it will show you how easy it can be to make comforting, homey meals with low-cost ingredients. You can enjoy this dish as a main course or eat it straight out of the baking dish.
This dish is full of flavor from a variety of vegetables and spices, including onions, garlic, carrots, mushrooms, etc. A creamy, savory chicken casserole recipe that combines cabbage and rice with a chicken breast so you can enjoy this healthy, warm meal on a chilly day. Plus, this casserole is gluten-free.
This casserole is great for any occasion and will leave you feeling satisfied. The combination of cooked rice, cabbage, lean chicken breast or turkey (vegetarian options can be substituted), vegetables, and flavor-packed cream of chicken makes this dish hearty enough to serve as the main course on a cold evening. Don’t underestimate how easy it is to prepare; just follow the simple steps below!
We hope you enjoy it as much as we do, and please feel free to share it with your friends and family.
Creamy Chicken Casserole with Cabbage and Rice
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 6 Cloves Garlic diced
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1/4 Cup Natural Yogurt
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground Allspice
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 1/4 Cup Water
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 1 tbsp. Cumin Seeds
- 1 Cup Long Grain Rice washed and drained
- 6 Cups Cabbage
- 1 Cup Tomatoes
- 1 Cup Green Peas
- 1 Cup Carrot diced
- 2 tbsp. Green Chilies diced
- 1 lb. Chicken Breast skin removed, washed
- 1 Cup White Mushrooms thickly sliced
- 1 Cup Yellow Onion sliced
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Flat Leaf Parsley diced
- 1/4 Cup Red Bell Pepper diced
STEP: 3 (Guacamole)
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Red Onion diced
- 1 Cup Cilantro diced
- 1 Cup Tomatoes diced
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1 Avocado mashed
- Let's prepare the following ingredients: Olive oil, diced garlic, Dijon mustard, apple cider vinegar, natural yogurt, ground cinnamon, ground allspice, ground black pepper, salt, water, bay leaves, cumin seeds, washed and drained long grain rice, shredded cabbage, diced tomatoes, green peas, diced carrot, diced green chilies, skin removed and washed chicken breast, thickly sliced white mushrooms, sliced yellow onion, diced flat leaf parsley, diced red bell pepper.
- In a bowl add step 1 ingredients and mix well and set aside.
- In a casserole container pan add step 2 ingredients one by one and pour step 1 mixture. After that add diced flat leaf parsley, diced red bell pepper. Bake in a oven at 380F/190C for 45 minutes or cook in a one pot with rice settings for 15 minutes.
STEP: 3 (Guacamole)
- In a mixing bowl, add following ingredients extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, honey, ground cumin, cayenne pepper ,ground black pepper, salt and mix well. In the same bowl diced red onion, diced cilantro, diced tomatoes, minced diced garlic, mashed avocado and mix until combined well,
- Add 1 cup of step 2 vegetable rice. Add 1 cup of step 2 chicken breast. Add 2 tablespoons of step 3 guacamole. Serve immediately in a plate with the choice of drinks.