Flavored and Delightful Baked Sardines with Italian Herbs and Spice You’ll Want To Make Again And Again
- TIME35 Mins
If you love seafood, sardines baked in Italian herbs and spices is an easy dish to make that looks and tastes gourmet. Baked Sardines with Italian herbs and spices is a quick, nutritious lunch or dinner recipe that’s perfect for summer get-togethers or even on-the-go. This is one of the easiest, tastiest, and most satisfying ways to enjoy sardines.
Don’t be surprised if people ask you what you have added to make these amazing baked sardines to get rid of the fishy smell. This is a variation of the Italian style dish of herbs and spices with tomatoes, and garlic. The key is to marinate the fish for 2 hours in order for the aroma to get into the flesh. Make sure you use fresh herbs and spices as they play a major role in the flavor of this dish. You can also use any small and whole fish, such as anchovies, herring, or sardines.
It’s definitely a good idea to have a quick, nutritious lunch or dinner recipe for when you’re out of the house for business, or traveling. It’s best eaten with rice, noodles, or whole-wheat bread. This is a recipe that we hope you enjoy as much as we do. Please share your thoughts in the comments and don’t forget to share them with your loved ones.
Baked Sardines with Italian Herbs and Spice
- 4 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1/4 Cup Yellow Onion diced
- 2 tbsp. Capers
- 2 tbsp. Parsley diced
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice Extract
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Tomato Puree
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1 tbsp. All purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp Salt per taste
- 1/4 tsp Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 lbs. Sardine Fish
- 2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Let's prepare the following ingredients: garlic, yellow onion, capers, parsley, lime juice extract, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, all purpose flour, salt, ground black pepper, olive oil, sardine fish, extra virgin olive oil
- In a bowl add the following ingredients garlic, yellow onion, capers, parsley, lime juice extract, apple cider vinegar, paprika, cayenne pepper, dried oregano, all purpose flour, salt, ground black pepper, olive oil and mix well.
- Pour the mixture into fish and marinate in a colander covered with film and store for 2 hours at -4 °C.
- Spread the fish evenly in a baking pan lined with baking paper.
- Bake at 300°F/150°C for 35 minutes.
- Drizzle extra virgin olive oil and serve immediately with the choice of rice or bread.