Easy and Simple Panzanella Salad Salmon with Spinach and Tomatoes You’ll Be Making For Every Day
- TIME1 Min
Salmon is a great main-course meal. Here, we add some panzanella based salad to make it extra special, and a quick cream sauce to keep it moist. For the slamon, you can substitute in any other type of white fish or even chicken.
Salmon with spinach and tomatoes is a great recipe to make for your next healthy summer picnic. Fresh greens, juicy tomatoes, and sweet honey are the perfect combination for this dish that will delight your palate. It is also a light dish perfect for the heat of summer so it doesn’t get too heavy.
Salmon is quite a versatile fish due to its high fat content. It can be eaten steamed, grilled, baked, or even used as the main ingredient in a delicious salad. This dish is an example of one that utilizes salmon and has many flavor profiles: the depth of tart tomatoes counterpointed by the tangy mustard and lemon brightened by the fresh basil leaves on top.
Salmon is rich in protein and contains omega-3 fatty acids, which are beneficial for heart health. And spinach is a classic salad green that has plenty of iron and vitamin A to go with its great taste.
Panzanella is a traditional Italian bread salad. It is traditionally made with stale bread with olive oil and vinegar. We up the ante by adding vegetables like tomatoes and olives while keeping the olive oil-vinegar mixture as well as cucumber (which we added to decrease the amount of bread needed).
We love this recipe and we’re sure you will too. Please share this recipe with your friends and family so that they can benefit as well.
Panzanella Based Salad Salmon with Spinach and Tomatoes
- 1 lb. Salmon Fresh or Frozen, If canned skip the step 1
- 2 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tbsp. Extra-virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Raw Honey
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard
- 1 Clove Garlic minced
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/8 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 3 oz. Baby Spinach Leaves
- 2 Cups English Cucumbers chopped
- 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 1/4 Cup Almond diced
- 1/4 Cup Black Olives sliced
- 1/4 Cup Red Onion thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil diced
- Let's prepare the following ingredients: steamed salmon or canned salmon, apple cider vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, raw honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, black pepper, baby spinach leaves, chopped English cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, diced almond, sliced black olives, sliced red onion, diced fresh basil.
- In a bowl add the following ingredients apple cider vinegar, extra-virgin olive oil, raw honey, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, salt, black pepper and mix it well.
- In the same bowl add the following ingredients baby spinach leaves, chopped English cucumbers, halved cherry tomatoes, diced almond, sliced black olives, sliced red onion, diced fresh basil, step 1 steamed and chopped salmon (See notes in below).
- Mix well until its combined.
- Serve with toasted bread and choice of juice right away.